Wednesday 18 February 2009

The rest

Finally, I got a second to finish the post. Julian came Friday morning at 6:38 I went into labor at 4:00 I could have been in labor in my sleep, but the first I knew was at 4. I threw up and which woke up Andrew. We figured I was coming down with the flue that the kids had. But I wasn't sure if I was also feeling contractions. I told Andrew to start timing, but he kind of doubted I could be in labor yet. My due date wasn't till March 12. I hoped I might have the baby earlier though I didn't really expect to be so lucky. Julian is 7lbs 9 oz. Benjamin was the bigger of the other two and he was only 6lbs 9 oz so I guess Julian was on time, we just had the date wrong. I don't think I would have wanted to carry a bigger baby. I know people have huge babies, but wouldn't want to be one of them.

5 comments:

Abbi said...

Sounds like a nice short labor! I don't think I would have enjoyed the throwing up part though! :-) He is smaller than all my babies but I agree that with your size you wouldn't want to go to much bigger! Though I know my grandma was quite similiar in size to you and she had twins that I believe were over 6 lbs each, so I guess it can be done.
That was a pleasent surprise to have him come a month "early".

StacyGeorge said...

Yea!! I'm so happy for you guys! Hopefully we'll get to meet up when you come through Iowa on your way home!

All in a Day said...

Hello! Congratulations again. I know you're busy, but I was wondering if you or Andrew would have a few minutes to type some answers to questions. My 10-year old son has to do a short report on a missionary. Do you have a special recipe you enjoy from the Ukraine, and would you be willing to share it? Is the country hilly or desert, what crops grow there, what are some of the animals that live in the country? What are the biggest cities? In what way do you serve the Lord there? I know we can get some of the information from an encyclopedia, but I thought it would be good for him to hear it first-hand if you have time. Thanks! :)

All in a Day said...

Katie, if you have time, we have until next Wednesday morning to get it finished (the 22nd.)

All in a Day said...

It's ok. We got what we needed from the Internet.